The CAFNR Foundation
The mission of the CAFNR Foundation is to promote and further agricultural education and research in the State of Missouri and to collaborate with the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) to accomplish goals of the College.
The Foundation is a separate and standalone entity allowing it to enter into a variety of projects with the intent of expanding the reach of CAFNR in the State of Missouri and beyond.
Membership in the CAFNR Foundation is one way to support our great college as we navigate the future through cutting edge research and innovative teaching.
- Membership brochure (PDF)
In recent years the CAFNR Foundation has:
- Purchased the Gathering Place Bed and Breakfast bordering MU’s campus that CAFNR now leases. The B&B is fully operational and is managed by students and faculty in the hospitality management program
- Purchased land at auction which is adjacent to the Horticulture and Agroforestry Research Center (HARC) allowing the Center to expand its research programs.
- Purchased land adjacent to the Bradford Research Center allowing expansion of its research activities.
- Purchased land at auction in proximity to the Fisher Delta Research Center to allowing expansion of its research activities.
Full Board Meeting
April 20, 2016
Jim Russell was inducted as Trustee Emeritus at CAFNR Foundation’s April full board meeting held at MFA Incorporated. Left to right Bill Jackson, Tom Payne, Jim Russell, Lowell Mohler and Foundation President Robin Wenneker.